Sunday, December 18, 2011

YELLOW SUDDENLY DOMINATES THE GARDEN AT TROPICAL TEXANA

Is YELLOW your favorite color? You've come to the right place!
When I started putting this post together, I didn't really think there were that many yellow leaves in my garden. But,you know the old saying; you find what your're looking for. Well, here's what I found.
Even though yellow is not my favorite color (green, red, and purple are higher on the list), I had to say the sunlight coming through the box elder leaves were glorious today.

Pecan leaf detail
Box Elder leaves detail
(for more Monday macros, visit Lisa at http://lisaschaos.com/
From top to bottom:
Mimosa
Wisteria
Pecan
Redbud (my second favorite)
Tallow (with some red tints)
Box elder (my favorite this year)

Sugarberry (Hackberry) left side
American elm (top)
Golden Raintree (right)
Cedar elm (green ones in the center...these will turn later in the season)

Pecan and Redbuds in our front yard.

Golden raintree closeup

Well, it was a year for yellows! I don't recall seeing this many ever before. Anyone else notice? Could it have been the drought?
Thanks for stopping by.
David/ :-)


15 comments:

  1. It looks like Fall has come to your area

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our leaves are long gone, but I do recall seeing a lot of yellow ones, even on the maples that usually turn orange and red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't surprising how yellow can creep up on you? I was much more of a white flower, leaf and variegation lover but then yellow started to take hold and now there is no going back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you... the sunlight backlighting the leaves is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there - I think its fun to say "I'm going to take yellow pictures" or something similar once in a while - I think it makes us look harder than normal.

    Nice post. Glad you liked the coleoptera!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice serie of golden leaves .... the last pic is really nice, I love the leaf design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mixture of colours and great still life shots, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like yellow as a colour, but having the sunlight shining through really takes it to a different level. All of the different leaves are beautiful, but I love the complexity of the raintree in your final photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning golds!!! It's ironic tho, just the other day I was out trying to capture the yellows in the Pecan leaves that are now falling ---your photos are magnificent.

    THE GREEN THING [and some red too]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did notice that the fall colors were especially pretty this year. My pear tree is gorgeous right now - all yellow (and red) (and beautiful)! Loved seeing all your different types of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that you mention it, there do seem to be more yellows this year. Are they showing up more in the absence of reds and oranges? The carpe myrtles in public plantings are definitely not as colorful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to say thank you for the garden meme list. What a sweet thing to do. I also asked to be your Blotanical mentor. Welcome! I hope you enjoy being a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi David,

    Thanks for stopping by at Garden Envy. I appreciate your comments. I think you have great foliage photos and enjoyed your post.

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are wonderful yellows and quite a few of them too.

    I came here through Sherry in Ocala's blog.

    Have a lovely Christmas.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate your comments & questions! Happy Gardening from David/ Tropical Texana

Related Posts with Thumbnails